You don’t often equate vitamins with fun, do you?
It’s a common greeting to ask someone what’s new. Typical answers are “nothing much,” “same stuff, different day” or “same old, same old.” Right? Sometimes, people don’t even stop to listen to the response they’re given. It’s all said in passing and means nothing more than a casual “hey.” Asking what’s new is part of your dull routine.
Being stuck in a routine is a big energy drain. It’ll suck the life right out of you. The good news is that it’s easy to boost your energy by changing things fast with an essential nutrient that many of us lack. We hear lots about Vitamins D and B-12 and calcium, but nothing about Vitamin F, an essential “nutrient” which you need to boost your energy and help you to feel your most vibrant. If you’ve never heard of Vitamin F, don’t worry. . . .
Vitamin F stands for fun, and you’re just not getting enough of it. What’s special about Vitamin F is that where you get your F is unique to you. Some people love sports or dancing, cooking, music, learning something new, playing board games or karaoke. The list is endless.
The more you mix these fun activities into your daily life and boost your Vitamin F, the more energized and happy you’ll feel. Knowing you have an instant energy-booster at your disposal is really handy, and it’s easier than you think!
How will you add more fun into your routine? Here are 6 questions to get you thinking:
- When was the last time you did something for the first time? When was the last time you did something fun? Maybe it’s about time!
- What have you always wanted to do but haven’t yet – - learn a new language, run a marathon, join a book club, cook thai food, do more pro bono work?
- What’s one activity that feels like a treat (hint: anytime you do it, you feel energized)?
- What hobbies or interests did you have as a child or teen that you haven’t made time for in years?
- Has it been a while since you had a night out with friends? Call someone you haven’t seen lately and make a plan to catch up for a karaoke night, go to a concert, dancing, bowling or see a movie.
- When you channel surf on the tv or flip through a magazine in the reception area, what makes you stop to look more closely?
Remember, it can be small and simple or BIG and elaborate, it doesn’t matter. What’s important is to identify one thing that brings YOU Vitamin F and adds more fun to your routine. Take a few minutes and do this today or schedule it for sometime soon so you have something fun to look forward to. Then do it again and again to keep boosting your Vitamin F.
We’d love to hear how you plan on getting your Vitamin F so let us know in the comments below.